The Media Professional Liability policy is designed for publishers and broadcasters to manage their professional liability exposures, regardless of how materials are disseminated. The policy offers protection for content on television, radio, newspapers, magazines and online publications for typical media claims that arise out of libel, slander, defamation, infringement of a copyright or trademark, false light, false imprisonment, product disparagement, infliction of emotional distress, outrageous conduct or invasion of privacy.
Typical Client Profile
Protective Specialty will consider any U.S. domiciled firm with a media exposure, however, we are most competitive with companies focused in the following areas:
- Newspaper and magazine publishers
- Advertising Agencies
- Marketing Firms
- Multimedia Firms
Media Liability and Personal Injury includes:
Media Liability includes:
- Defamation, disparagement or harm to the character, reputation or feeling of any person or organization, including libel, slander, product disparagement, trade libel, infliction of emotional distress, outrage or outrageous conduct.
- Invasion, infringement or interference with rights of privacy or publicity, including false light, public disclosure of private facts, intrusion, and commercial appropriation of name or likeness.
- Infringement of title, slogan , trademark, trade name, trade dress, service mark or service name including unfair competition if alleged in connection with these allegations.
- Infringement of copyright, plagiarism, piracy or misappropriation of ideas under implied contract, including unfair competition if alleged in connection with these allegations.
Personal Injury includes:
- Wrongful entry or eviction, trespass, eavesdropping or other invasion of the right of private occupancy.
- False arrest, detention or imprisonment or malicious prosecution.
Limits, Retentions and Premiums
Limits Available: Up to $5,000,000 each claim/$5,000,000 aggregate
Minimum Retention: $5,000
Minimum Premium: $5,000
- Surplus lines coverage available in all states
- Admitted coverage available in a number of states.
- Coverage not available in New Hampshire
U.S. based wholesale and retail insurance brokers
- Miscellaneous application and applicable supplemental application
- Most recent annual report and quarterly financial statements
- Copy of standard contract and engagement/proposal letter used with clients
- Brochure, advertisements, or other descriptive literature about the applicant firm, its operations and services
Please send all submissions to: email@example.com
Media Supplemental Application
Claims Information Supplemental Application
P (317) firstname.lastname@example.orgAdditional Contacts