The Miscellaneous Professional Liability program is designed for risks with up to $250 million in revenue on a primary and excess basis, addressing various professions or classes of business that provide professional services in the domestic service economy.
Typical Client Profile
Protective Specialty has a broad appetite for various classes of business, including a number of subclasses. Please contact Protective Specialty to inquire about additional classes we may entertain.
- Coverage is extended to employees while acting within the scope of their employment duties
- Independent contractor coverage while acting on behalf of the named insured
- Personal injury coverage
- Punitive damages coverage
- Predecessor and successor firm coverage
- Mediation provision reduces retention
- Automatic subsidiary coverage
- Defense costs for disciplinary proceedings up to $10,000
- Supplemental limit of liability for expense reimbursement of $250 per day with a $5,000 aggregate limit
- Automatic 60-day extended reporting period
Limits, Retentions and Premiums
Limits Available: Up to $5,000,000 each claim/$5,000,000 aggregate
Minimum Retention: $2,500
Minimum Premium: $2,500
- Surplus lines available in all states
- Admitted coverage available in a number of states.
- Coverage not available in New Hampshire
- Miscellaneous application and any applicable supplemental application
- Most recent annual report and quarterly financial statements
- Copy of standard contract and engagement/proposal letter used with clients
- Brochure, advertisements or other descriptive literature about the applicant firm, its operations and services